For the 4th time, Telus International Philippines held their annual Telus Days Of Giving (TDOG) 2016 in collaboration with Hands On Manila at Cayetano Arellano High School in Sta. Cruz, Manila. Like the previous days of service, the event served as a kick-off activity of the Department of Education’s Adopt-A-School program: Brigada Eskwela , an annual program of the department to encourage “Bayanihan” among the stakeholders: teachers, parents, students and donors in public schools in the country.
This year’s TDOG mobilized:
- 2500 Telus volunteers from Philippine offices and 30 VIPs globally
- 250 HOM volunteers (including 20 Pangarap boys, 70 FEU NSTP students and 20 mothers from FCED)
- 140 teachers and parents from Cayetano Arellano High School
The volunteers did the following:
- Repainted 57 classrooms
- Repainted 16 hallways
- Painted 8 murals along the staircase
- Repaired and repainted 600 chairs
- Planted vegetables in over 150 recycled plastic bottles
- Hand-painted over 200 eco-bags
- Planted ornamental plants in 2 landscaping projects
- Donated new 500 chairs for the school
At the culmination, short speeches were given by Telus International president, Jeff Puritt, HOM president Atty. Gianna Montinola and Cayetano Arellano HS principal, Dr. Loida Diaz. The short program was hosted by Telus General Manager Rajiv Dhand.
HOM’s VP, Patrice Tan and HOM board Lizette Cojuangco joined the 100 volunteers (out of 2500) and 100 ALS learners for the eco-bag painting together with HOM president Atty. Gianna Montinola.